"Mine!"
I forgot to mention Aaron's newest word in my last post, "Mine!" Today it's been his most favorite word. He always says it very emfatically. For the most part he uses it when Brigham takes something that he had (mostly his binki).
Today, I took Aaron and Brigham to Target to get Brigham's pictures taken (they turned out really cute). When it was time to leave, I asked Aaron to put the coloring book back. He refused. I tried all the tricks. I tried: turning it into a game, letting him do it himself, counting with him, etc. Finally, I had to pull it out of his tight little grasp. He was extremely upset. He started yelling, actually it was a mix between a yell and a growl, "Mine! Mine! Mine!" I was trying to get him into the cart. He was fighting me and arching back. Then, he turned around and smacked me. I sat him in the cart and got out of there as quickly as I could. This little outburst wasn't new or shocking. He is definitely getting an opinion and let's us know when Brigham or Joshua have pushed him too far. The sweet part is his quick apologies. Immediately after he strikes, he hugs or strokes the face of his temporary antagonist. So, today after we got out of the portrait studio, I got him out of the cart and he hugged and snuggled with me - sweet reconciliation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment